Thursday, February 25, 2010

2/21/2010


The day after we got back from our trip could have gone better. Unfortunately, it didn't. I had another encounter the supervisor "Monica" that makes me believe even more that she doesn't like me for some reason.

~~~

~ Upon arriving at the service desk, I found that I would actually have a co-worker, "Lissa," at the counter with me for some of my shift. This isn't as common as most of us would prefer, but it is still a welcome sight. Just before it was time for me to take my first break, Monica approached the counter. She asked that I replace one of our cashiers, "Alicia," after I took my break so that she can be trained to work at the Customer Service Desk. I didn't see this as a bad idea since we can always use more people trained to do returns. So, I took my 15min, walked back up to the front, skipped the service desk, and went right to Alicia, as I'd been told to do.

About five minutes later, one of the other front supervisors appeared, told me to shut down the lane I was on, and return to the service desk. Apparently Lissa had been sent to replace someone for a lunch while I was taking my break. Of course, neither I nor Alicia had known anything about that, so she was at the counter by herself without any knowledge of what to do up there. My super understood the mix-up and wasn't too concerned. I finished checking the remaining customers I had left in line and returned to the front counter. To my surprise, one of our other service desk employees, "Emily," was at the counter with Alicia and was training her. Up until this point, I wasn't aware Emily was even in the store. She must have been working somewhere else since I hadn't seen her all day. Just in case Emily was only helping until I was able to get away from the register, I logged into my computer and waited patiently for her and Alicia to finish the transaction they were working on. Afterward I was going to ask what Emily's plans were, but I didn't get the chance.

Monica approached the counter before they finished and said that I needed to get back on a register to help check. She seemed agitated, as if I hadn't followed what she'd asked me to do. I tried explaining what had happened with Lissa, but Monica cut me off. She wouldn't even listen the fact that the other floor supervisor had asked me to return to the counter. As if my words had no meaning, she walked off to attend to something else.

Once more, Monica has succeed in making me feel like I'm less than dirt. Why? I have no idea. I don't care how stressful her job may be, I have never given her a reason to treat me the way she has been lately. None of the other supervisors do. I really need to either get a new position in the store or find an entirely new job. Either way, I assure you that I'll still have people to rant about.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Yeah, it seems like I'm the only one she's been treating this way, too. No one else that I work with has mentioned a dislike for her.

ellen said...

That is weird, I have had a similar problem with a colleague, and it turned out the colleague thought I disliked her. That was why she was treating me as if I was dirt. We straighten it out, and it went better, not really good though. Good luck with it!!

Post a Comment