Monday, February 15, 2010

More Mini Gripes


Yesterday, the 14th, was still busy with very last minute shoppers. Because of this, I was once again on a normal register for a while to help them keep up with the overflow of customers. During that time, I had a couple experiences that aren't knew to me, I just keep forgetting to mention them on here.

~~~

~ My first gripe is not meant to be mean to the people that cause the situation, at all. Its just really frustrating when I'm trying to communicate with someone, but I first have to speak through their 7-year old child to convey the message to their parents and vise versa. If their little kid has had the time to learn as much of the English language as they do, what is stopping the parents from doing the same? Hell, they could learn it from their kid/s, if no one else. I will tell you right now that, if I ever planned on moving to a country where English is not the area's first language, I would damn-well make sure that I learned theirs as quickly as possible.

~~~

~ My second gripe was refreshed yesterday by one, specific incident. I was ringing up a man's items while the woman behind him was placing her items on my belt, as well. Unfortunately for me, neither of these customers placed a divider between their items. The woman didn't even grant me the smallest gap between their items as the least possible hint of separation. This set up makes for a very awkward situation as I unknowingly started ringing up the woman's merchandise on accident. Luckily, I had only gone through three large items when the man noticed that the things I had scanned weren't his, and they were easy to take back off.

Cashiering is a some who's poor at multitasking's worst nightmare. Between making sure you're scanning each and every item you grab, answering peoples' questions, not missing anything in the cart, bagging items together well, sometimes keeping up small talk, and trying not to drop something on the floor in the process, it isn't always possible to keep an eye on who has put what on the moving belt. That's what those little divider bars are for. When I make a mistake by scanning a second person's items because both customers chose not to provide me with that simple little indicator stick, I get very unhappy. In these cases, not only to I have to endure their looks of, "That's not my stuff," and, "Why is she scanning my stuff with theirs?" but it also falls on me to apologize for making an easily preventable, honest mistake. I hate people in general so much...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's annoying to have people that do that. I always try to grab that little bar to divide my stuff from other's. And when people come up behind me and put their stuff on the belt w/out the bar...they always get that huffy look on their faces when I put the bar down.

Geez, it's not like I think their stuff has cooties! HA!

Post a Comment